Term: Full-time (3-month probationary period)
Work location: Thailand
Working Time: Monday to Friday (9:00 AM to 5:00 PM)
Reports to: WLB Secretaries
Application Deadline: 10.07.2023
Start Date: As soon as possible
The Women’s League of Burma (WLB) is an umbrella organisation consisting of twelve women’s member organisations from different ethnic backgrounds in Burma. WLB was established in Thailand in 1999 to increase the participation of women of Burma in the struggle for democracy and human rights, to build mutual understanding among all nationalities and participate in the national reconciliation and development process, and to enhance the role of the women of Burma both at national and international levels. WLB is dedicated to building trust, solidarity, and mutual understanding between all nationalities of women.
- Organize to develop communication and media strategies for WLB
- Lead and manage the team of IDR staff members & focal points of member organizations
- Develop designing and disseminating high quality communication, campaign and advocacy materials in consultation with responsible Secretary and Program manager.
- Initiate department work plan and ensure the project activities are implemented according to plan, support and manage IDR teams,
- Produce narrative and financial reports to Program Manager and Secretariats
- Oversee the production of quality media in various forms
- Support and coordinate WLB activities such as trainings, campaigns, meetings, workshops and events
- Participate at relevant meetings and events
- Support maintenance and update of data-base including WLB information/ advocacy email listing
- Support maintenance of WLB’s library, including collecting and supervising cataloguing
- Support the efficient flow of information among WLB members and key stakeholders.
- Seek feedback, and consider suggestions when deciding whether to implement new practices.
- Solve the problem related to overall project implementation.
- Provide regular activity updates to all staff members at Secretariat
- Provide information and data to Program Manager for develop proposal and donor report
- Responsible for department proposal including budget line and activities report
- Responsible for department’s periodical reports including reports to PB meetings & Congress
- Draw estimate budget for department activities and send it to Finance Manager last week of the month
- Check department expenditure and send to cashier and CC to Finance Manager with receipts
- Manage IT officer, Documentation officer, IDR focal person and other IDR staffs
- Manage WLB publications for advocacy in order to reach WLB’s aims and goals, and organize layout and designing
- Manage to release research paper and WLB reports
- Send monthly timesheet to HR Officer
- Send monthly workplan to Admin Officer
Experience and skills
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree (Prefer Political Science, Research, Communication Art)
- Demonstrated commitment to values of women’s equality and empowerment
- Good management and organizational skills are essential
- Qualifications and demonstrated experience in communications, journalism, and development work with minimum of 3 years’ working experience
- Knowledge and experience with media production, dissemination techniques and methods
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills, and confidence in working with people from a range of backgrounds and cultures
- Proficient in use of computer applications related to the tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally in English (Ability to communicate in Burmese & ethnic languages will be an advantage)
- Strong practical problem-solving skills and positive attitude
- Ability to priorities and handle stressful situations, and to work to tight deadlines when necessary
- Ability to communicate effectively in a politically sensitive environment
- Female applicants are preferred
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Project Implementation Experience and Financial Management Skills
- Have knowledge about Data system, IT and research skills
How to Apply
A cover letter and recent CV demonstrating how the candidate meets the above-stated qualifications, as well as two letters of references in English and expected salary should be sent to both sec[email protected] and [email protected] not later than
10st July2023 05:00PM.
* Qualified female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.